Monday, December 6, 2010

It's a Quest for Fun

Fun. What a great thing to have a quest for, don't you think? Fun in life is so important and often gets overlooked. Especially in December, when people get so stressed.

So I'm going to chronicle my quest for fun. Just a heads up, some things that I think are fun - baking, especially cookies, scrapbooking, making mead, playing with my kids, Christmas activities, snowshoeing, camping, hiking, traveling, and reading. If you think they're interesting too, stick around :).

The big thing in the next couple weeks is going to be my Cookie Quest. I have an addiction to Christmas Cookie magazines. I need a 12-step program. Seriously. I went through the ten Christmas Cookie magazines that I've purchased in the last six years, and wrote down no less than thirty seven recipes that I wanted to try. Right now, I'm taking a break from going through the recipes, making a list of people that need cookies, and trying to form some kind of plan so it's all coordinated. I'll probably bake the first batch tomorrow, because the first gift cookies need to be ready to give out Friday night.

I'll also probably be adding some posts about the Christmas Countdown Activity Paper Chain that I have going with the kids.

But for now, I better get back to the recipes and the people, so I can have a plan ready to implement!

1 comment:

  1. Im dying to see you make yoru mead. wish you lived closer! We coudl have so much fun stocking our freezers full of meat, couponing, baking and doing out food storage!

    ReplyDelete