Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chocolate Jubilees

Another one of the keeper recipes I discovered last week. I LOVE the combination of cherries and chocolate, and although I'm not such a fan of maraschino cherries anymore, these were so good. I may be making another batch this week for the presents I need. It's a very large recipe, and I'm estimating it made 90 cookies using a tablespoon cookie dough scooper.

Chocolate Jubilees

2 c butter
2 c brown sugar
1 c granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 Tbsp almond extract
4 c flour
1 c oatmeal
1 c cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1 12oz. bag bittersweet chocolate chips
20 oz maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
1 c sliced almonds

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg. Beat in extract. Combine flour, oats, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips, cherries and nuts.

Roll into 1.5" balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment